OUR NETWORK:TiVo Community Explore3DTV TechLore DVRplayground Dijit Community See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 64230.9
February 13, 2009 05:40 PM

Categories: Home Server Add-Ins

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

AJM

I have EX485 server and i am trying to add Cyberlink to my server ans a ac3filter. When I take the software from my computer to the remote desktop it says i do not have permission, I know others have added software from readding the different forum. What do i need to know

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-8 of 8 | Latest Comment

February 13, 2009 6:11 PM

WHS won't let you run executables from the shared folders. When you remote in to the server via Remote Desktop, you need to copy the software you wish to install out of the shared folders, then paste it to the My Documents folder or the server desktop. Then you'll be able to run it.

February 13, 2009 8:36 PM

I did just what you said and I got the same response

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file, you may not have approprite permission to access the item."

I assume it is the latter, the file was completly downloaded and works on my Vista computer HP and mircosoft dont want me to break the server before the warrenty is up I assume, but it has to be a wat to add software without using the Add-ins tab onthe console

February 13, 2009 11:06 PM

It would be helpful to know exactly what you're trying to do, and how you're going about trying to do it. Can you give us all the details, step-by-step?

February 14, 2009 6:58 AM

I install webguide from the add-in list it works fine. it was able to be install from the add-in folder in WHS. But isaid if i wanted to do dvd streming I would need to istall ac3filter, and cyberlink ver 7 on the server. i have down loaded bouth program and added them to the mydocument folder on the server using the console. When I double click to install i get the message in the above posting. " I do not have permission for this item" I am using my Admin password to open the console, this should give permission to do anything I want inside the console, like a pc I would think, Is it any way i can see who and how has total permission to change any software in the server?

February 14, 2009 7:17 AM

Maybe the istall format for the two programs are not supportive, should I try to fine the programs for some other source?

February 15, 2009 4:29 AM

Just throw it on your desktop. Then right click on it and go to properties. Choose the 'Unblock' box. Try it after that.

February 15, 2009 11:40 AM

Thanks That was the ticket, and it was just that simple. I was about to give up but you guys have help a whole lot.
I am very glade I joined the forum I am new to the world of servers, and I am sure that it will be a lot more gestions in the furture.

Thanks again

February 15, 2009 9:16 PM

Hey
thanks for the help. But I would like to come clean on what I am really looking for to work. I have a Vista HP computer with window media center and a tuner card installed to see Cox cable TV.
I am looking for a add-in that would take my live TV,recorded TV to my MSS and from there to me over the web, a simple add-in.
I was trying to do this with webguide, but I cannot get all the add-ins and extra software it need to work.
SageTV say I need to have the tuner card on my srever, not going to happen with the MSS, and a special card.Can anyone help?

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 1-8 of 8 | Latest Comment

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

close this window
close this window