I was looking for something ike this to stream .wtv and .m2ts fro my EX495 to SamsungTV. Could you explain "You still have to install Serviio, but this add-in enables you to configure Serviio from inside your WHS console." Does this mean you cannot just run serviio on the server (EX495) but on an additional PC - hence I would have to have the server and the pc on to stream to the TV? Thanks for clarifying.
Serviio for Windows Home Server is an add-in for v1 users which integrates the free Serviio DLNA media server into the console.
With this add-in you can stream your media files (music, video or images) to any DLNA-certified renderer device (e.g. a TV set, Bluray player, games console) on your home network.
- DLNA 1.5 compatible UPnP media server
- streams audio, video (SD & HD) and image files in their native format or transcoded in real-time
- automatically updates the media library when you add/update/remove a media file or a metadata file
- wide array of localized library browsing options
- supports different editable renderer profiles
- supports automatic renderer detection and per-IP profile assignment
- extracts metadata of your media files the way you want it, incl. embedded metadata tags, local metadata files, online metadata sources (in preferred language), XBMC, Swisscenter
- supports video thumbnails, CD covers, DVD posters, etc.
- supports external subtitles
- categorizes video files into movie and/or series and marks last viewed episodes of a series
- any DLNA-compliant device should work
- Samsung TVs and Bluray players (supports additional features, e.g. subtitles)
- Sony TVs and Bluray players
- Panasonic TVs
- Playstation 3
- Xbox 360
- LG TVs and Bluray players (supports subtitles)
- Toshiba TVs
- WDTV Live
- Oppo BDP-83
- DirecTV DVR
- … and many more
Supported media files:
- Audio: MP3( .mp3), Windows Media Audio (.wma), AAC (.m4a), OGG (.ogg, .oga), FLAC (.flac)
- Video: MPEG-1 (.mpg, .mpeg), MPEG-2 PS (.mpg, .mpeg, vob, mod), MPEG-2 TS (.ts, .m2ts), MPEG-4 (.mp4, m4v, mov), AVI (.avi, .divx), Windows Media Video (.wmv, .asf), Matroska (.mkv), Flash (.flv, .f4v), DVR-MS (.dvr, .dvr-ms), WTV (.wtv)
- Image: JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg), GIF (.gif), PNG (.png)
You still have to install Serviio, but this add-in enables you to configure Serviio from inside your WHS console.
Currently in beta release, version 0.5.2.0 is available to download from here.
Microsoft MVP Philip Churchill's MS Windows Home Server Blog is one of the leading sources of breaking news and information, insightful opinion, and great tutorials regarding Windows Home Server. If you're an HP MediaSmart Server owner, this is a can't miss!