A new add-in by the name of Snoop-de-dupe was released today for WHS v1 users.
Snoop-de-dupe watches your server in real-time and notifies you when duplicate files appear on the server. You then have the option to either delete the duplicate, create a hard-link to save HDD space (available in WHS/SBS 2011 only), or to ignore/keep, directly from the Home Server Console.
- Automatic, real-time continuous file de-duplication scanning
- 160-bit SHA-1 de-duplication hash for optimum results
- Windows Home Server Console integration
- Pause and Resume operation at any time for maximum efficiency of your server
- Select any folders of your choosing on your server for de-duplication scanning
- Simple, easy-to-view heads-up status display to monitor progress
- Easy to navigate list of duplications for: deleting, linking, or ignoring duplicate files
- Quick-launch feature allows for viewing contents of duplicate files
Snoop-de-dupe is priced at $11.99 and a 15 day free trial is available for WHS v1 users, whilst a version for WHS/SBS 2011 will be coming soon.
More details on Snoop-de-dupe are available from here.
Microsoft MVP Philip Churchill's MS Windows Home Server Blog is one of the leading sources of breaking news and information, insightful opinion, and great tutorials regarding Windows Home Server. If you're an HP MediaSmart Server owner, this is a can't miss!