CompuGeek Software has released an update to TV Manager as a preview build to show what’s been added and changed since version 1.0.1 was released back in September 2008.
The TV Manager add-in moves your Media Center recordings to your Windows Home Server for storage and management, allowing you to view your moved recordings from within Media Center as if it were sitting in that computer‚??s Recorded TV folder. The add-in also allows you to watch the recordings from the TV Manager Web Interface to non-MC PCs over your local and Internet connection.
Changes in 1.5 Preview include:
- Fixed deleting recordings via web interface or deleting shows from Media Center and then viewing the web interface – would mess up Shows.xml
- Fixed share not being created after install – causing service to crash and install to appear to fail
- Fixed not showing all options on client. Still requires being configured with full Administrative privileges (changing settings).
- Fixed bug in web interface causing an error message to show instead of the page content.
- Fixed Compatibility with WTV.
- Fixed some glitches with the Email Notifications options in the settings tab.
- Added a new interface for clients.
- Added show thumbnails to the web interface.
- Added sorting to the web interface.
- Added an about dialog to the client.
- Add the "All" item in the web interface to show all the saved recordings.
- Added moving recordings at midnight under client settings.
- Added a client service, recordings will be moved even if a user is not logged in.
- Added right click menu to the new client interface (Contains options Play and Delete)
- Added a Series catalog feature that lets you print a catalog of all your recordings.
- Added Windows 7 features (jumplists, progress bars, pin-able taskbar item).
- Added WTV converter for Comskip, allowing commercials to be removed from WTV recordings (Windows 7 Only)
- Added an option to move recordings at a specified time (assuming the client is turned on).
- Added an SDK so users can write plug-ins for TV Manager (read the documentation for more information).
- Re-Added Original Air Date.
- Re-Added ComSkip option — May cause problems.
- Re-Added the Home Server Console tab ‚?? The play option might not work yet.
- Removed accidental time zone from Original Air Date column in Web Interface.
- German and French translations implemented into web UI and client.
- Easily deploy client via the web interface or the Home Server Console tab. It auto-detects the language/version of the installer to use.
- The client application can now detect your remote access domain (via it‚??s SSL certificate) and will load that to prevent SSL error messages.
- The client now requires .NET 3.5 to run.
- The home server add-in now requires Power Pack 2 to function.
- The client and server can detect your ‚??Recorded TV‚?? share‚??s name (for non-English versions).
More documentation and the download can be found here.
Microsoft MVP Philip Churchill's MS Windows Home Server Blog is one of the leading sources of breaking news and information, insightful opinion, and great tutorials regarding Windows Home Server. If you're an HP MediaSmart Server owner, this is a can't miss!