WD has released a new range of enterprise 3.5" hard drives running at 7200RPM with a 1.2 million hour MTBF.
Available in 2TB, 3TB and 4TB capacity the WD RE SATA hard drives have the following features:
- Dual port, full duplex connectivity: For business-critical enterprise topologies.
- 1.2M hours MTBF: Provides high level of reliability for 24×7 and up to 100% duty applications.
- Planet friendly: RoHS compliant, halogen reduced components.
- NoTouch ramp load technology: Recording heads never touch the disk media ensuring less wear to recording heads and media as well as better drive protection in transit.
- Dual Stage Actuation (DSA) and Rotary Acceleration Feed Forward (RAFF): Best in class operation and performance when drives are used in vibration-prone, multi-drive chassis.
- Capacity: For capacity enterprise storage solutions, such as scale out, cloud storage, RAID arrays, and NAS.
- Reliability: 5-disk platform, 800GB per platter, SATA-interface, 6Gb/sec transfer rates built for high performance 24×7.
The 2TB model (WD2000FYYZ) costs $229, 3TB (WD3000FYYZ) $349 and the 4TB model (WD4000FYYZ) $459.
More from Western Digital.
WD New Enterprise HDD with a 1.2 million hour MTBF is a post from: MS Windows Home Server - Your Personal Guide to Microsoft Windows Home Server!
Microsoft MVP Philip Churchill's MS Windows Home Server Blog is one of the leading sources of breaking news and information, insightful opinion, and great tutorials regarding Windows Home Server. If you're an HP MediaSmart Server owner, this is a can't miss!