Microsoft have released the beta release of Update Rollup 3 (UR3) for WHS 2011.
Update Rollup 3 for WHS 2011 (and SBS 2011 Essentials and Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials) contains 19 fixes that address top customer issues and Windows 8 client compatibility issues.
To install UR3:
- Download the package to any folder on your server from here.
- Double click the .msu file to install the package, make sure the package installs succeed.
- Open the dashboard, navigate to Help->About, make sure the Dashboard version is 6.1.8800.16397
- As part of UR3, you also need to install KB 2578133 from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2578133
- To help us better understand the real customer impact for the bug fixes, we strongly recommend you to turn on the SQM reporting. To do that, open the dashboard, click Server Settings -> General, check the option of "Help us improve quality".
- Finally if you find any bugs, file them through the connect feedback site, using "UR3 Beta Preview" in title.
Microsoft MVP Philip Churchill's MS Windows Home Server Blog is one of the leading sources of breaking news and information, insightful opinion, and great tutorials regarding Windows Home Server. If you're an HP MediaSmart Server owner, this is a can't miss!