StableBit DrivePool have released version 18.104.22.16831 BETA of its Drive Extender type add-in for WHS 2011 users.
Here's the change log:
- [D] Added option to boost read I/O priority of network originated I/O requests over most other I/O.
Off by default. (CoveFs_BoostNetworkIoPriority in .config)
- [D] Corrected real-time file placement algorithm when using multiple partitions on the same physical disk.
Sometimes, it would not select the partition with the most free space. Generally applies to disks > 2TB+.
- [D] Updated locking model based on some reverse engineering of Windows internals.
- [D] Fixed share access delegation between memory mapped file I/O and non-memory mapped file I/O.
- [D] Prevent file truncation, when mapped sections exist and the truncation would overlap the memory mapped region.
- [D] Virtual memory mapped section synchronization with on-disk data for writes.
This issue was exposed by Microsoft Forefront Client Security which memory maps all files and expects that mapping to be in sync with the on-disk data.
- Updated deployment to be in sync with Scanner.
[D] = Driver was modified (reboot required after update)
NOTE: This version is for testers only - Non testers please use the final version 22.214.171.12408.
Microsoft MVP Philip Churchill's MS Windows Home Server Blog is one of the leading sources of breaking news and information, insightful opinion, and great tutorials regarding Windows Home Server. If you're an HP MediaSmart Server owner, this is a can't miss!